Unit 5 Labs 5.1 – 5.4
802.1 handle architecture, security, management, and internetworking of LAN, MAN, and WAN standardized by IEEE802. It provides internetworking, audio/video bridging, data center bridging and security.
Enhanced in 2003 – called POE+
UTP (Cat3, 5, 5e, 6)
2 pair 850mm multimode Fiber optic
Cat 5 UTP or STP
Cat( 3,4,5) 4 pair UTP
Cat5 UTP or STP
Multimode Fiber Optic
2 pair Fiber Optic
220m or 550m depending upon fiber thickness
Premium single mode fiber
4 Pair Cat 5 UTP/STP
Numeric prefix refers to speed. T = Twisted pair
2. The max would be limited to Cat 3 speed of 10Mbps, the lowest rated speed of the cable used.
So that communication can take place on the internet without causing routing issues. No problem should occur since the manufacturer code is different, the physical address will be different and this shouldn’t cause addressing issues. 5.2.2
It gives IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
B8-AC-6F. Dell Inc. One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78748, US
10.33.108.59 – IP Address
10.33.110.1 – Default Gateway
1. Consults ARP cache for forwarding IP address (if found go to 6) 2. If not found build ARP request frame containing MAC address, IP Address, and forwarding IP address. 3. All hosts receive and process request. If forwarding address matches device ARP cache is updated with address map to sender. If no match, request is discarded. 4. Receiver formulates ARP reply w/MAC address and sends to requester. 5. Requester updates ARP cache
6. IP packet is sent to forwarding host by addressing it to the resolved MAC address. 5.2.7
IP – 10.33.108.1 Physical address – B8-AC-6F-1F-F0-5C Type – Dynamic
10.0.0.8 - IP is added. 00-AA-00-AA-BB-CC - MAC is added.
Command used – (arp-s)
Type – static
1. To save memory.
2. For automatic addressing so that devices can find each other. 3. Tells you the specified arp entry was not found.
It releases the IP address to be 0.0.0.0. Subnet Mask 0.0.0.0. They are the same.
62ms for google.com
110ms for espn.com
Distance to their server and traffic.
To determine if there is consistency in speed of communication and if any ping commands fail.
3 in common, my wireless router, my ISP and the IP address 184.108.40.206.
68 – the website espn.com
1. It can be beneficial in testing and troubleshooting a network. It can be misused to lock-up a workstation by keeping it in a loop. 2.
These are the IP/MAC addresses for the nodes encountered when contacting the espn.com web server.
1. It should contain the addresses for each node in the network. 2. Call the ISP and have them troubleshoot their end, but also verify my end by pinging all nodes to insure connectivity.
Please join StudyMode to read the full document