NT2640 Final Review
1. Cut-through frame processing by a switch allows the switch to discard frames that fail the FCS check. FALSE
2. When a switch receives an Ethernet frame to a destination MAC address which is not in the devices MAC address table the switch applies the following logic: ____________________. Floods the Ethernet frame out all interfaces except the received interface
3. Describe collision domain design trade-offs.
Single Collision domain requires all devices on a segment to share the available badwidth
4. When setting a local Cisco switchport to initiate the negotiation of a trunk link with the remote switch, the administrative mode is referred to as ________. Dynamic Desirable
5. Which component of IPv6 neighbor discovery replaces the capabilities of ARP? Neighbor Solicitation
6. Which type of UTP cabling is required to connect to hosts back-to-back? Cross-over
7. Which type of ICMP message will be returned to host by a remote router if that router does not have a route to a network? Destination Unreachable-Code Network Unreachable
8. Which Cisco IOS show command aids in the troubleshooting of routing protocols by displaying information on which protocol(s) is enabled and as well as passive interfaces? Show IP Protocols
9. IPv6 broadcast addresses are used in a similar manner to IPv4 broadcast addresses. FALSE
10. Inverse ARP in Frame Relay provides ________.
Mapping of the layer3 address and the layer 2 address
11. Name an encapsulation type of Frame Relay LMI.
12. What summary route includes the subnets 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, and 18.104.22.168, mask 255.255.255.0 but does not include more prefixes than necessary? 22.214.171.124/22
13. What would be the OSPF neighbor state after completion of the exchange of topology information? Full
14. When a bridge/switch receives an Ethernet frame into an interface, what does it do with the source MAC address? Records the MAC address and incoming port to create the MAC...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document