Hands-on Windows Server 2008
Chapter 1 Solutions
Answers to the Chapter 1 Review Questions
The small company where you work needs to implement a second server for its accounting systems, but does not have the funds to purchase another computer until next year. Which of the following is a solution?
Answer: b. Use virtualization.
You are consulting for an organization that has UNIX, Linux, and Windows Server 2008 servers. What feature in Windows Server 2008 enables coordination between systems that have different directory services?
Answer: c. Microsoft Metadirectory Services
You are the administrative assistant for the Psychology Department in your college and they have assigned you to set up a small server to provide basic file services to faculty, staff, and students in that department. For example, faculty will use the server to post and receive class assignments. Which edition of Windows Server 2008 is most appropriate for this situation? Answer: a. Standard Edition
Your company has a Web server and sometimes when the network administrator uses tools to test the Web server by IP address there is no response from the server. Which of the following might be the problem?
Answer: a. The Web server is set up with dynamic addressing and so its IP address changes periodically.
_____ enables a Windows Server 2008 system to run more than one program at the same time. Answer: d. Multitasking
Which of the following can you accomplish with Windows PowerShell? (Choose all that apply.) Answer: a. Set up printing., b. Install software., c. View information about local user accounts., and d. View a listing of files in a folder.
Your company has many telecommuters who work at home three days a week and in their offices two days a week. In both places they work with a laptop computer provided by the company. While the management team supports telecommuting, they are concerned about telecommuters who make changes to the security settings on their computers that do not match the security policies on the company’s network. Which of the following offers a solution for enforcing good security on this company’s network?
Answer: b. Network Access Protection (NAP)
_____ is used to enable Windows Server 2008 to support UNIX and Linux clients. Answer: Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications (SUA)
A server administrator can use the _____ tool to view network connections, configure a firewall, and configure storage on a Windows Server 2008 computer.
Answer: Server Manager
10. Your company needs to set up a new server that acts as a general file and print server and that has a small attack surface to reduce the risk of attackers obtaining company secrets. Which of the following installation options offer a reduced attack surface? (Choose all that apply.) Answer: c. Windows Server Core
11. The management in your company has a disagreement over which client operating system offers the best compatibility with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory. Which of the following operating systems do you mention in your report to management to clear up the dispute? Answer: d. Windows Vista
12. Hyper-V enables Windows Server 2008 to operate as a _____ server. Answer: virtual
13. One of the managers in your organization has seen older servers crash because of one malfunctioning program. Is there any feature in Windows Server 2008 to help prevent this from happening? Answer: a. privileged mode for the kernel
14. Which of the following is/are network design models used with Windows Server 2008? (Choose all that apply.)
Answer: b. server-based and d. peer-to-peer
15. On your small office network there is no DHCP server to lease IP addresses. What happens when the network connections of all clients and the servers are configured to obtain an IP address automatically? (Choose all that apply.)
Answer: a. Each computer assigns itself an IP address. and c. The subnet mask...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document